Annual Kenny C. Guinn Memorial Fellowship Application Open
The Nevada State Treasurer’s Office Announces the Opening of
Annual Application for the Kenny C. Guinn Memorial Scholarship
The Kenny C. Guinn Memorial Scholarship will award four $5,000 scholarships
Application deadline: April 4, 2022
The Nevada State Treasurer’s Office is now accepting applications for the Kenny C. Guinn Memorial Scholarship, which awards $5,000 scholarships to four Nevada students.
Senate Bill 220 (“SB 220”) created the Kenny C. Guinn Memorial Scholarship and was unanimously passed by both houses of the 2011 Legislature and signed into law by Governor Brian Sandoval. SB 220 has established a scholarship fund from donations collected in honor of the late Governor Kenny C. Guinn. The Memorial Millennium Trust Fund is used to award scholarships each year to four qualified Governor Guinn Millennium Scholars, two in Northern Nevada and two in Southern Nevada, who are majoring in elementary or secondary education for the purpose of teach in Nevada. To be considered for the scholarship, students must submit an application to the Office of the State Treasurer by April 4, 2022 11:59 PM (PST). The app is available on nvigate.gov/programs/kenny-c-guinn-memorial-scholarship/.
Students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must have met the Millennium Scholarship eligibility requirements as per NRS 396.930;
- Must be entering final year of college or final year of college at an eligible institution1;
- Be enrolled and remain enrolled in a program of study leading to a permit to practice in elementary or secondary education;
- Maintain a grade point average of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 grading scale or a commensurate level of academic achievement provided and verified by the College Savings Board for students enrolled in an educational institution that does not calculate cumulative grade point average;
- Indicate your commitment to teach in Nevada after graduation;
- Have a community service record.
 Eligible institutions are the University of Nevada, Reno; University of Nevada Las Vegas; Grand Bassin College; Nevada State College; Sierra Nevada College; a nonprofit university that awards bachelor’s degrees to residents of Nevada; any other college or university that grants a bachelor’s degree in education and that is designated by the Board as a representative institution for Northern or Southern Nevada.
For more information, please contact the Millennium Scholarship Office at [email protected] or call (702) 486-3383.