Google announces scholarship for female computer science students residing in Asia-Pacific countries
- The scholarship will be awarded based on the strength of each applicant’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, innovation and academic performance.
- The deadline to apply for the scholarship program is December 10, 2021.
Google is inviting women living in Asia-Pacific countries to apply for scholarships valued at $ 1,000 for the 2022-2023 school year to help students pursuing computer science studies excel in technology.
The scholarship will be awarded based on the strength of each applicant’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, innovation and academic performance. The program is open to students who meet all of the minimum qualifications and strongly encourages women interested in IT to apply.
Applications for 2022 are already open and the deadline to apply for the scholarship program is December 10, 2021, 11:59 p.m. PT.
Eligibility criteria for the Generation Google scholarship program –
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a full-time bachelor’s degree for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Applicants must be second year students at an accredited university in an Asia-Pacific country at the time of completing the scholarship program.
- Must be enrolled in Computer Science / Computer Engineering, or a closely related technical field.
- Must have a strong academic record with leadership qualities.
Other terms and conditions –
- The amount of the scholarship is to be spent on the tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for the courses at their primary university.
- Registration will be verified after selection of winners, and all scholarship payments will be made directly to the student, which should be used for tuition and education related expenses.
- The grant will be withdrawn from any researcher who no longer meets the eligibility conditions or does not meet the eligibility conditions.
- Selected recipients will receive instructions from Google on how to receive the award and, if any of these steps are not completed within the specified time frames, recipients will be disqualified from receiving the award.
- Google employees are not eligible to apply for Google scholarships.
What are the conditions for applying for this scholarship?
- CV highlighting technical projects and participation in community engagement
- Academic transcripts from your current or previous institutions.
- Answers to two short answer essay questions (check details below).
Applicants are required to submit two 400-word essays, which must be written in English. These essays will assess your commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, as well as your financial needs. These are the two topics on which essays must be submitted –
- What do you think is the major challenge women in the tech industry face and how do you see yourself being part of the solutions to this challenge? Keep in mind that impact can occur in many ways and at different scales.
- How would receiving this scholarship impact your education? Describe any circumstances affecting your need for a scholarship and the educational goals this scholarship will enable you to achieve.
HCL Announces ‘First Career Program’ for Engineering Students Wishing to Land Their First Job
India vs Afghanistan at T20 World Cup – It might not be an easy win for Virat Kohli and the boys